Arrest Made In Homicide Investigation
UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection to Homicide Investigation
Waterloo Region, Ontario – Waterloo Regional Police have arrested a 34-year-old male in connection to the death of Shaun Yorke. The have now also arrested a second man.
Shaun Yorke, 45, of Kitchener, was found deceased inside his residence at 150 Elm Ridge Drive at approximately 1:20 a.m. on July 8, 2018.
The cause of death was determined to be a result of a gunshot injury.
On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, members of the Waterloo Regional Police Service’s Major Crime Unit, with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team and Drugs and Firearms Unit, arrested Mowafag Saboon, 24, of Kitchener in connection to the homicide. A second man has also been arrested.
He has been charged with the following:
· First Degree Murder
· Robbery with a Restricted Firearm
· Forcible Confinement
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Carrying a Concealed Weapon
· Careless Storage of a Firearm
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Occupant of a Motor Vehicle Knowing There Was a Firearm
· Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition
· Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
· Two counts of Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Schedule I
· Possession of a Schedule II Substance
Waterloo Regional Police continue to investigate this incident and ask anyone with information to call 519-570-9777 ext. 8424 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.