How to Choose A Personal Injury Lawyer
"How do I choose the right lawyer?" - I get the question regularly in my personal injury law practice, and in my personal life. When you are choosing a lawyer for a personal injury case, or any other field, the key is to find a lawyer who will represent you effectively.
When you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence in a car accident, slip or fall, or any other accident you’ll often find yourself overwhelmed with emotional and financial stress. Physical pain and suffering may define your life for a while.
Here are the facts to consider when you are looking for a lawyer:
- You’ll want someone with experience. I have 25 years of experience and at Paquette Travers & Deutschmann Law we have the breadth and depth of expertise to handle your case.
- Don’t go to a lawyer who requires an upfront payment. Initial consultation should be free, and is crucial. You need to meet the lawyer to ask questions, share information, and to get a feeling for one another.
- A good personal injury lawyer will travel to you if you aren’t mobile. Often injuries prevent our clients from coming in to the office early on.
- Ask your potential lawyer about his or her track record.
- Ask friends and family for referrals.
If you have been injured seek legal advice as soon as possible to make sure you don’t miss out on the right for compensation. The insurance company works for their stockholders. I work for your best interest.