Signs of Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury Can have a wide range of physical and psychological effects on an individual. Some signs are immediate and obvious, others appear much more slowly and are much harder to spot.
Signs of Mild TBI
- loss of consciousness
- disorientation, being dazed or confused, sensitivity to sound and light
- Headache/blurred vision
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Memory problems
Signs of Moderate to Severe TBI
- Loss of consciousness from several minutes to hours
- Headaches that persist and worsen
- repeated vomiting/nausea/convulsion or seizures
- Dilation of one or both pupils
- Clear fluids draining from nose or ears
- Profound confusion, slurred speech or loss of coordination
Any of these signs following a fall, blow to the head or body require immediate medical attention. DO NOT ignore signs of any suspected TBI.