Scott Piatkowski - Waterloo Region District School Board Trustee - Waterloo / Wilmot
- 51 Ardelt Avenue
- Kitchener, ON N2C 2R5
I am honoured to have been chosen by the voters of Waterloo and Wilmot Township to represent them on the Waterloo Region District School Board. I’m very excited about this new role.
I’m a proud graduate of both Eastwood Collegiate and Wilfrid Laurier University, the proud parent of two KCI graduates, and the proud step-parent of two current KCI students.
In my professional life, I manage a non-profit housing co-operative and also provide education to co-op Boards on sound management and governance. I’m a member of the National Board of Directors for the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF) and have served as a volunteer facilitator with the Co-operative Young Leaders program (CYL).
I’m also a former:
- Chair of both the City of Waterloo’s Environmental Advisory Committee and the Waterloo Region Cycling Advisory Committee
- Member of both the Community Grants Review Committee and Local Environmental Action Fund (LEAF) for the City of Kitchener.
- President of the AIDS Committee of Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo and Area (ACCKWA)
- Chair of the Board for the Wilfrid Laurier University Students’ Union (WLUSU)
- Minor soccer coach (for 14 years)
- Weekly columnist for The Waterloo Chronicle and other local papers