- 298 Lawrence Avenue
- Kitchener, ON N2M 1Y4
Our Mission is...
- To build and support a network of committed specially trained volunteers, ensuring they provide support for terminally ill clients, their family members and the community.
- To be a trusted community partner, providing expert, compassionate palliative care support and leadership.
- To support and provide community education and professional services in response to the needs of the palliative care community.
In partnership with community services and caregivers, to enhance the support for people affected by life threatening illness, we will:
- Develop new coordinated programs and services.
- Be a full partner in the integration of hospice palliative care.
- Be a leader in education.
- Be an advocate for the principles of hospice palliative care.
- Establish and maintain a Hospice Family Centre to meet the long term needs of the hospice palliative care community.
Our Core Values
The essence of Hospice of Waterloo Region is based on:
- The contribution of our volunteers.
- Care that is centred on the needs of our clients.
- Enhancement and support of quality end-of-life care.
- Respect for the individual on all levels.
- Confidentiality surrounding the client.
- Accounting for the integrity of the organization.
- Being a fair and equitable employer.
- Service without cost.