We believe there is no responsible alternative to doing business other than through the pursuit of environmental sustainability and this belief guides every decision we make. we find inspiration for doing so in nature and believe that nature is not merely something to be cherished and protected, but also should be emulated as a model of sustainability. we also believe that profit and environmental responsibility will increasingly work together as more industries find out that "nature works" for both sustainability and the bottom-line.
Aveda’s approach to packaging
We are proud to have been the first beauty company using 100% post consumer recycled PET. Now more than 85% of our skin care and hair styling PET bottles and jars contain 100% post consumer recycled materials.
With every package we develop, we're mindful of our environmental footprint and work to minimize our packaging and maximize our use of recyclable and post consumer recycled materials.
Our Guiding Principles
This means we:
• consider the life cycle analysis when developing packaging options
• reduce the size, weight and production processes of packaging wherever possible
• offer packaging that can be recycled whenever possible
• use the most environmentally sound materials and as much post-consumer recycled (PCR) content as commercially possible without affecting the efficacy of the product.
• use renewable energy to manufacture and fill our packaging in Blaine
• challenge our packaging partners to meet the same standards
How We Walk The Walk
Our strongest initiative is our effort to use post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials in all our packaging. We can't guarantee that our packaging will be recycled, but we can do our part, insuring that the material it's made of will now have the chance of another life, rather than going to a landfill.