Waterloo Air Show 2013: Thrilling Entertainment UP In The Skies AND On The Ground
5th Annual Waterloo Air Show Is Coming To Town With Even More Exciting Acts
Waterloo Region has been blessed with the presence of a tremendous airport and flying centre giving our community immediate access to both convenient air travel and a full featured flying faciltiy (try saying that 10 times FAST!!!)
It's hard to imagine that this year’s Waterloo Air Show is bigger and better than ever before--but it is! There are NEW acts, a bigger static display, Food Truck Alley and the inclusion of the Canadian Aviation Expo, Canada’s premier aviation expo and trade show.
The Canadian Aviation Expo
The Waterloo Air Show is excited to announce it is teaming up with the Canadian Aviation Expo this year, meaning two events are coming together at one location.
The annual Canadian Aviation Expo is Canada’s premier aviation expo and trade show. Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, the Expo features many displays and vendors catering to the aviation world. Guests can explore a huge selection of aviation products and new aircraft. Plus the Expo offers a ‘Fly-In’ which may see upwards of 200 small, private aircraft ‘flying in’ for the day.
While the air show’s primary audience is families, the Expo’s primary target is pilots and people in the aviation/aerospace industries. Together, the two events cater nicely to a wide range of audiences.
In the past, the Expo has taken place in various locations in the Greater Toronto Area including Downsview Park in Toronto, Oshawa airport and most recently Hamilton airport.
Click 2 BUY Tickets - On Sale NOW!
KW Now! Members
NOTE: Keep visiting KW Now! for instructions on how to WIN tickets for a Family of Four to this year's Air Show. We'll be announcing the contest soon.
The Air Show
This year’s line up of acts has returning favourites and exciting new additions. Headlining the show will once again be the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, and also from the Canadian Forces will be this year’s painted CF-18 Demonstration jet, representing the 2013 season’s theme: The Common Thread.
Exciting new acts:
· Jane Wicker Wing Walking - American Jane Wicker will demonstrate the daring and breathtaking art of wing walking. With no safety line or parachute, she amazes the crowd by climbing, walking and hanging all over her Stearman aircraft
See Jane Wicker Wing Walker Below Hanging off the bottom of the Wing
· Below: Smoke-N-Thunder Jet Car Demo - What races down the runway at 400 mph, shooting 20-foot flames and billowing smoke out the back? American Bill Braack and his jet car!
· Gord Price - Still flying aerobatics at age 71, Gord Price from Thornbury, Ontario was a Canadian Unlimited Aerobatic Champion during the 1980s. He flies his Russian Yak 50, serial number 01
· Jet Aircraft Museum – with their T-33 Silver Star ‘Mako Shark’ housed at the Waterloo airport
· Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association – 4-plane formation team from Tillsonburg
· Wayne Hadath - Kitchener resident who races his home-built F1-Rocket and flew to a 1st place finish in the 2011 prestigious Air Venture Cup
· Canadian Forces Snowbirds - with their awe-inspiring 9-plane aerobatic formations
· Canadian Forces CF-18 Demonstration jet - Canada's frontline fighter jet
· Kent Pietsch - veteran U.S. aerobatic performer with 3 separate acts
· Rick Volker - U.S. aerobatic performer pulling up to 11 Gs. Call him Dr. Rick – dentist by day
· L29 Delfin - owned and flown by Waterloo Air Show Co-producer Richard Cooper
· Pyro - Kaboom! Catch the Wall of Fire as the CF-18 fighter jet speeds past
The Static Display
This year’s static display will be bigger than ever as the Waterloo Air Show arranges for aircraft to fill the tarmac for people to see up close, take photos and speak to the pilots and crew. These are aircraft parked all weekend, and are in addition to the aircraft flying in the show.
From the Royal Canadian Air Force we are expecting Harvard II and Hawk training aircraft from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; a Griffon helicopter from base Borden; and a Dash-8 “Gonzo” navigational trainer from Winnipeg.
Additional static includes a historic array of World War Two-era bomber and transports from American air museums, such as the B-17 Flying Fortress (heavy bomber), B-25 Mitchell (medium bomber), TBM Avenger (carrier-based torpedo bomber), C-123 Provider (military cargo/transport airlift), Douglas AC-47 ‘Spooky’ (ground support; military version of DC3), and a C-46 Curtiss Commando ‘Tinker Belle’(transport; only one not owned by Ice Pilots). There will also be a twin-engine Beech 18 and an Albatross, an amphibious aircraft currently used for search & rescue.
(all flying and static aircraft are subject to change due to operational duties and mechanical difficulties)
Waterloo Air Show advanced tickets go on sale Friday, April 19th on the show’s web site!
·General Admission - Early bird purchasers get discounted rates, while ‘Air Show Insiders’ get even greater reduced rates. Sign up to be an ‘Air Show Insider’ on the air show’s home page.
· VIP Sky Chalet Tent - Watch the air show in style! VIP tickets are available at $150 that include front row-centre stage viewing of the show from a tent with tables, chairs, catered lunch, prime on-site parking, 2 alcohol tickets, cash bar, and a 2014 air show Calendar for autographs. Air Show Insiders get discounted rates.
Food Truck Alley
Food from a truck has never tasted so good! The Waterloo Air Show is introducing ‘Food Truck Alley’, a selection of a dozen food trucks that will change your perception of what comes from a truck!
The Waterloo Air Show would like to acknowledge the generous support of the following sponsors: the Region of Waterloo International Airport, Fliteline Services, the Waterloo-Wellington Flight Centre, QLD Communications, Cardinal Couriers, Nestle, WestJet, Now Media, Rogers Kitchener Radio Group (CHYM-FM, KIX 106.7, 570 News), The Waterloo Record, NAV Canada, Haagen-Dazs, Tim Hortons, the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, and the Government of Ontario.
This two-day family event will offer additional entertainment and activities including displays, vendors, a kid’s amusement area, an Autograph Tent, and licensed areas.
Bring your chairs and cameras out to the Region of Waterloo International Airport and let your wings soar!
DATE:Saturday, June 1 & Sunday, June 2
TIME:Gates open 10am - 5pm (9am for Air Show Insiders and pilots). Air Show begins at 1pm.
WHERE:Region of Waterloo International Airport, 4881 Fountain Street North, Breslau
GATE COSTS: General Admission $25 (buy online and save)
Children 5-12 $10 (buy online and save)
Seniors (65+) $15 (buy online and save)
Children under 5 FREE
Veterans: FREE (with proper ID) (escorts pay admission)
VIP Sky Chalet Tent:$150 (Air Show Insiders: $125) (advanced online sales only; limited tickets)
Includes 1 onsite parking, VIP tent with tables and chairs, catered lunch, 2 alcohol tickets and cash bar, centre stage viewing, 2014 calendar, performer autographs.
PARKING: Options available: FREE (with a walk) and PAID (off-site with shuttle service)