Regional Police Service and Facility Changes in Relation to COVID-19
WRPS Service and Facility Changes in Relation to COVID-19
To help slow the rate of COVID-19, public access to all Waterloo Regional Police Service facilities will be closed, effective immediately.
Essential service to the community will continue and officers will be dispatched to emergency and non-emergency calls on a priority basis.
In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, call 519-570-9777. Members of the community are also strongly encouraged to make reports online at link below.
Additional measures that are being implemented to help contain the spread of COVID-19 include the following:
- Community programs and meetings scheduled to be held within WRPS facilities have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Collision reporting services will continue on a limited basis at both our Police Reporting Centre and North Division in Waterloo.
The following services will be suspended until further notice:
- Record Checks applications
- Non-essential Paid Duty assignments
- Sex Offender registry appointments