United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $690,895.00 through General Community Fund
United Way Waterloo Region Communities distributes $690,895.00 to community agencies
Funds to support 47 local agencies and programs.
Waterloo Region – United Way Waterloo Region Communities (UWWRC) is pleased to announce the distribution of $690,895.00 to 47 local agencies and programs through the General Community Fund. The monies will fund services and programs that support basic needs, mental health, and reduce isolation.
This funding follows the recent campaign to raise money for the Children and Youth Summer Survival Fund which raised over $87,000. Funding was granted to 6 agencies focused on supporting children and youth this summer. That money helped provide services and programs such as summer camps, recreational opportunities, mental health programs, and leadership development programs for children and youth, particularly in underserviced neighbourhoods in Waterloo Region.
UWWRC’s General Community Fund is now distributed every 3 months in order to be more responsive to community needs and provide rapid local solutions. There is an open call for applications quarterly to fund the most relevant programs and organizations, with a more agile and focused application process, including a stronger emphasis on equity and inclusion. All funds are raised locally and are distributed to local organizations.
“It is our hope that the actual COVID-19 virus is winding down, but the effects are still being felt throughout our community”, said UWWRC CEO, Joan Fisk, “Funding every 3 months and creating specific targeted funds allows us to reach people in our community faster and deal with a crisis or emerging needs. We will continue to fund quarterly but we are also in constant consultation with agencies and stakeholders in our community, so we know how and when to respond if special attention is required. The economic impact of COVID-19 will continue to affect many of us for a long while and we want to ensure we are responsive to community needs when and where they are needed most.”
- Argus Residence for Young People
- Bring on the Sunshine (sponsored by: Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Centre)
- Cambridge Shelter Corporation
- Canadian Arab Women Association (sponsored by: CIDO, The Canadian International Development Organization.)
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind
- Capacity Canada
- Child Witness Centre of Waterloo Region
- Children & Youth Planning Table (CYPT)
- Community Care Concepts of Woolwich, Wellesley and Wilmot Townships
- Community Justice Initiatives of Waterloo Region
- Community Support Connections - Meals on Wheels and More
- Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge & North Dumfries
- Focus for Ethnic Women, Waterloo Region
- Food4Kids Waterloo Region Inc.
- Greenway Chaplin Community Centre
- House of Friendship
- Interfaith Community Counselling Centre
- John Howard Society of Waterloo-Wellington
- Kinbridge Community Association
- Kind Minds Family Wellness (sponsored by: Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region)
- March of Dimes Canada
- oneROOF Youth Services
- Peace for All Canada (sponsored by: Social Development Centre of Waterloo Region)
- Preston Heights Community Group
- Regional Municipality of Waterloo, on behalf of the Immigration Partnership
- Sanguen Health Centre
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
- Sexual Health Options, Resources & Education Centre (SHORE Centre)
- Shalom Counselling Services Inc.
- Social Development Centre Waterloo Region
- Social Venture Partners
- Somali Canadian Association of Waterloo Region (sponsored by: Greenway-Chaplin Community Centre)
- SPECTRUM Waterloo Region's Rainbow Community Space
- Supportive Housing of Waterloo
- The Church of St John the Evangelist, Anglican
- The Healing of The Seven Generations (sponsored by: Family & Children's Services of Waterloo Region)
- The Literacy Group of Waterloo Region
- Volunteer Action Centre of Waterloo Region
- Wilmot Family Resource Centre Inc.
- Women's Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
- Woolwich Community Services
- YMCA of Three Rivers (Midwestern Ontario)
- YW Kitchener Waterloo
- YWCA of Cambridge